Monday, February 20, 2012

The Hunt

Chapter 1
In The Beginning
            In the beginning my life was normal. I had everything a kid could ask for, but like other teenagers I hated my life, my parents, my curfew, and little sister Kayla.  I loathed North Bridge high school and most of the people in it.  Well now those are the things I miss most of all. It took three months for me to lose all that.  I’m Josef Fox. Most people call me Joey. My life was picture perfect until June.
            3 Months Earlier ( June 15,2011)
            “Joey, get up!” 
Leave me alone,  I thought as I heard my mom yell for me. It was the day before her and dads twenty-fifth anniversary. Their big trip to Cabot, Mexico.  I  however am stuck watching my little sister Kayla. Every since she was born fifteen years ago she had been a pain. A thorn stuck in my side.
   “Joey, come on, get up you have to watch Kay,”  Mom yelled up the stairs.
“ I don’t need him to watch me Mom I’m fifteen. For Pete’s sake.” Kay snapped. “ I can watch myself.”
That’s what I’m talking about, Joey thought,  why are they making ME watch HER.  Joey got up put on a pair of American Eagle jean the were thrown over the chair by his door. Where’d I put my shirt? I know it was right here.  Joey looked behind the chair for the shirt he’d put there last night.
  “Josef Arndrew Fox, don’t you here your mom calling you?” My dad said outside my room.
  Joey rolled his eyes, oh for the love of…” yes Dad I heard her.”
“Well get down here. We have to be at the airport  by noon Joey and we need you to watch Kay.”
Joey opened his door and the light spilled in to his dark room, illuminating the piles of dirty clothes, empty chip bags and pop cans on his floor. “ Joey, seriously look at this room. I want it cleaned before we get back or else.”
“Ok Dad, whatever I’ll clean it.” Joey said impatiently tapping his foot.  Go away, please.  
Dad shook his head, “Ok just.. finish getting dressed and get down here.” He walked away, still shaking his head.
Joey found another shirt went down to the living room. Their luggage was sitting by the door. Mom was wearing khaki capris and a bright blue tank top . She had an over-sized sombrero that sat neatly on top of her wheat colored hair. She was also wearing big round sunglasses that covered her emerald green eyes. Same eyes as Joey. Many people say Joey looked like his mom. Same green eyes, high cheek bones, and pointy chin. Kay  looked like a female copy of their dad.  Light brown hair, naturally straight, aqua eyes, round face. Mom, Dad and Kay all have Ivory skin. Joey, thought very similar to his mom, had midnight black hair with navy undertones, and a natural tan beige skin tone.
“Joey hun I’ve been calling you for ten minutes straight, where were you.?” Joeys mom said crossing her arms smiling.
“Sleeping mom sleeping. It’s summer remember?” Joey said sarcastically, flopping down on the black leather couch.   
“Yes,” she said almost giggling, mocking his sarcasm” I know  it’s summer, but you need to watch Kay remember?”
“Why can’t she watch her self?” Joey was getting impatient.
“ Because I said so “  she said. Dad came in and took the luggage to the car. “Ready babe,” he said wrapping his arms around her, kissing her cheek. She giggled and turned to kiss him.
“Hey hey hey kids in room you two,”  Kay complained as she entered the room.
“Okay, okay. Well time to go then. Kayla be good to Joey and Joey vise versa. If you need anything number to the hotels on the fridge. Love you, see  ya’ll when we get back . Be careful.” Mom said as she walked out the door.
I don’t know why but I stood up” Um, wait mom “ I hugged her. “I love you.”  I couldn’t remember the last time I hugged my mom.  Kay and I stood on the front stoop and waved goodbye and they drove off .

The Village Hearald
June 16,2012
Late last night flight 236;Austin, Texas to Cabot, Mexico; Went down just 40 minutes into the flight. It crashed into the Gulf of Mexico at 4:40pm. Officials have yet to locate the black box redorder or survivors. As of now the death toll is believed to be at 476 people. On scene officers say they believe every on the plane perished in the crash.

    
  Looking back now I’m glad I gave her that hug. It was after all the last chance I’d get.

1 comment:

  1. Loveit and keep writting I want to see what happens next. !!!!

    ReplyDelete