Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Hunt

Chapter Five
Demons & Reality

A demon? Wow I must be crazy. It’s been a week since I went to the library where the computer says I’m being followed by a demon. I didn’t even think demons were real. Well, I figured they were real in a way. But not that they could manifest and attack people. I also found out they could appear in dreams. I spend many nights afraid to go to  sleep. Afraid she will be there waiting for me. So now setting in Algebra 2 I’m functioning on three cups of coffee, a Monster, and fear. I don’t even know what the teacher is talking about. I am so tired all I want to do is sleep. I look like I slept in a garbage can last night.  That would be an improvement. At least it would be sleep, I think.
“Mr. Fox quit day dreaming and do your work.” Mr. Anderson says to me. I hadn’t even realized I was staring out the big glass windows at the parking lot below. In reality I hadn’t been looking at the parking lot but beyond it. I was day dreaming. Except not the nice happy ones like boy get girl. Mine were more like boy meets blood thirsty demon. “Josef, either work or leave.”  Mr. Anderson said. “Okay” I said then got up and left.
I waited for Kay outside on the steps. The bell rung and Eric came out and seen my. Great, I thought. “Joey, dude, what the heck. Mr. Anderson wasn’t being serious! He’s going to…I don’t know suspend you or something,” he said setting on the step by me. “ I don’t care,” I shrugged.” He waved my off and left.  Where’s Kay at?  After waiting for a while I went back into the building. I looked in here last block room and by her locker. Only place I didn’t look was the girls room.  I am NOT going in there!  So I waited outside. After about fifteen minutes she came out She wasn’t alone. A girl followed her out blonde curls bouncing with glee. “Kay,” she squealed, “I love talking to you. You don’t talk but you listen so well!” I thought about running, but then Kay seen me and waved. Amy looked up and said, “Well hello Joey.”

            In the back of my mind I heard the high pitch noise. Kay’s eyes got wide and her smile turning in to a frown told me she heard it to. Amy just stood there smirking looking at me like I was a freak. That’s when I realized the scream was coming from me. Goosebumps had sprouted up both my arms, and I ran. I didn’t quit running until I was around the corner and well away. She won’t hurt Kay it would bring to much attention to her,  I thought. At least I hoped I was right. I squatted on the side walk and tried to calm down and cool off. Eventually Kay came around the corner. Looked at her embarrassed. “Sorry about that Kay.” She  just looked at me and helped me up. We continued out walk home.
            We got home just in time for dinner. “Where have you to been!” grandma yelled, “ I have been worried sick about you two! I almost called the police!” We had gotten home three hours late. Grandma was furious and in result we were both grounded till further notice. Or until we turn eighteen, whichever came first.  “ Okay whatever you say.” I said. “Josef for once in your life learn from Kayla and shut you god given devil controlled tongue!” God give Devil controlled tongue? I thought, That’s a new one.  I was mad now. No one made fun of Kay for any reason.  “Shut up. Leave her out of you stupid examples.” I said. “Go to you room, now.” I got up and walked away, up the stair and slammed my door so hard my hand bounced off of it. “ God I hate this darn house.”  I lay there looking out the window before sleep came over me.
            I woke up around nine. I had heard someone come in or so I thought. I looked around, and I was alone. Or so I thought. “Joey, you were very rude today. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.”  My heart was racing. I didn’t know what to do.  This can’t be happening. It’s just a dream.  “ Oh no, Joey this isn’t just a dream.”  She was suddenly in front of me with her hand over my mouth. “Joey let’s talk.” I couldn’t breath.  She’s going to kill me. I hope it fast!  Just then Kay walked in. I don’t know if she saw Amy but she paused for a minute confused. I must have fainted before the seizer started because everything went black. The last thing I remember was a confused Kay screaming at the top of her lungs, “NO! JOEY! HELP!” My last coherent thought was,  She spoke.

3 comments: