Saturday, October 6, 2012

Welcome To Hell : Chapter 1


Welcome to Hell

            “I’m just saying its improbable for God  not the exist.” Amy countered while crunching on a potato chip. “ And I’m  just saying  it’s improbable he does.” I said getting annoyed with the whole argument.  Every so often  we have this argument and the only thing that  comes out of it is one of us sulking about for the rest of the day ignoring the other. It always starts simple with a tiny reference to the almighty that I just can’t refuse to comment on, and boom a fight erupts.

               We were sitting in Morgan Valley’s High School cafeteria eating lunch. We were looking out the window at a jasmine flower tree and Amy said, “ God makes the most beautiful things.”  Me being me I couldn’t resist arguing, “ No nature makes the most beautiful things.”  So ten minutes, five cuss  words, and two pissed off teens later , here we are still arguing when Josh cuts in, “Guys you have different beliefs so you’re never going to agree. Now that that’s been established… Can you both just drop it?” Amy glared at both of us and pursed her lips then mumbled, “Fine.”  I shrugged and continued to eat my PB&J.  The rest of the lunch period we sat in a heavy unbroken silence. 

            When the bell finally rang I stood up and walked away. I was glad to be away from a seething Amy but also sad to go to class. My next class was Philosophy. I’ve always been told that science can explain everything so me and Philosophy don’t mix well, and since I have block scheduling  I’m stuck with our crack-pot teacher Mr. Jones, for  ninety minutes.

            “Watch where you’re going bitch!” Melanie Gordon snapped at me as I bumped in to her walking down the hall. Melanie was the cliché queen bee, from her platinum blonde hair to her fake tanned skin. I doubted anything about the girl was real, except maybe her eyes, maybe.  She had sky blue eyes that everyone – including me – was jealous of.

            I ignored her and kept walking to class. I rounded the corner and walked in to class.  “ good afternoon Miss Young.” I put on a fake smile and sat down. I was always the first one to class since I carried my book with me to lunch and had no need to go anywhere else. More people started to come in and eventually Mr. Jones came in and started teaching.

            Class went by pretty fast and I actually liked it. We discussed reality  and perception for the whole period. When the bell rang I stood up and bumped in to Damon Porter. “Sorry excuse me,” I said to him. “Nah, don’t worry about it your fine.”  I  just smiled not knowing what to say.  He started to walk away then turned around, “ Hey I’m having this party tonight. You wanna come?” “Can I bring some friends?” I asked knowing Amy and Josh would kill me if I didn’t. “Sure anybody you like.” “Thanks I’ll be there. Where is there exactly anyway?”  He pulled out a piece of paper and wrote a number on it, “ he text me I’ll give you the details. See ya.”  I smiled to myself and tucked the piece of paper into my pocket.

            I caught a lucky break by finding Amy and Josh at My locker waiting for me. “Guys guess what!” I said full of excitement. “What?” Amy said with mock cheerfulness ,” you’re ready to admit your wrong?”

“Forget that, we’re going to Damon Porters party!” I squealed. Amy – momentarily forgetting she was mad at me- stared at me with her mouth hanging open and Josh said, “ what?”  I smiled and nodded, “ I got us invited to Damon’s party.” 

            We walked out of the school and got in Josh’s old Ford Mustang. It was green with black racing stripes, and the inside was white upholstery. I sat in the back seat and Amy sat in the passenger seat.  I put my bag beside me and pulled out my phone. I typed a new text message and entered Damon’s number.  I sat there looking out the window and waited nervously for his reply.  Part of me worried this was some trick or set up, but I pushed those thoughts away. “So how exactly did we get invited to this party?” Josh asked. “Um… I kinda bumped in to him… Literally… and he invited us to his party.” Amy and Josh looked at each other and Amy bit her lip like she does then she thinks you’re lying.  “ Are you sure this isn’t some trick or something to humiliate us? I mean we aren’t exactly Damon’s favorite flavor” “ We have a flavor?” I asked. Amy turned in her seat and glared at me, “You know what I mean” I was about to reply when my phone buzzed. I looked at it and smiled a little. It was Damon’s number. 

Hey! Parties at 319 Columbus Avenue @9:00.

I smiled and replied okay. Josh dropped me and Amy off at my house and drove off, “ See you  at eight.” We waved and walked in to my house. “ Okay so what are we going to wear?’ Amy asked. I shrugged and bit my bottom lip. “ I guess what I’m wearing now.” I said. Amy’s eyes got bug and she shook her head, “ like hell you are. You have to make a good impression.”  “ Why,” I whined stomping my feet. “ Come on,” She ordered and drug me up the stairs to my room. I sat on my bed while Amy when threw my closet. “ Ah ha!” She held up a dress in front of me and said, “ no, no, just no.”  It was a  red cocktail dress I had from some party my parents drug me to every year. I stopped just above my  knees and had short sleeves that barley cover my shoulder.  She laid the dress on the bed and picked up  a pair on white pumps “ you have got to wear these with it!”

In the end I wore the dress and the shoes and Amy did my make up with a copper color eye because it would ‘enhance’ my eye color and a nude lip. I have to admit I looked good with my hair curled. My hair was so brown it was almost black and ended half way past my shoulder blades. Usually I leave it straight and just brushed it.

Amy wore a white strapless dress that ended right above her knees and black stiletos. Her blonde hair was scrunched and she had a red lip and natural eyes. Josh wore a black polo and jeans. We got in his car and drove off . I was worried about sticking out, but when we got theref I knew we wouldn’t. Almost everyone there was dress in the same manner we were.

We exited the car and walked up to the mansion status house. We stopped at the door and rung the doorbell. “Hey. Jaden and company. Come in.” He stepped aside and let us through. I looked around the room and thought,  Oh this should be fun……..

No comments:

Post a Comment