Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Hunt


The Hunt

 Chapter 14

A Normal Life? Not a Chance.

“Rise and shine boys!”

 I opened my eyes and seen John leaning against the hotel door. I blinked a few times and at up. Beside me I heard Michael groan and the bed creaked as he pushed himself up off his stomach and into a sitting position. He yawned and rubbed his eyes with his right hand. “Man what are you doing here so early? It’s like 5:45.” “ I took a plane cause someone took my car.” He stated pointedly at Michael. “So how long have you been here?” I asked. He turned his attention to me and said, “ A few hours.” “Do we have a job to do?” Michael asked and John shook his head. “ Okay then I’m going back to sleep,” he stretched and then plopped back down into the bed. I sat there barley keeping my eyes open when John said,” you might as well go back to sleep to Joey. I’ll see if I can find us a job I guess.” Laying back down on the soft while pillow was the last thing I remembered.

 I opened my eyes a few hours later and looked at the clock, 9:57. I sat up and looked around; John was  sittng at the table and Michael was still asleep. “Morning,” John said, “ I found a job for us so get up and get ready.”  Throwing the covers off and standing up I walked into the bathroom and got in the shower. After I showered I got out and dried off quickly and walked into the main room and seen Michael was now up watching TV and John was writing on a notepad with a serious look on his face. I walked over and sat down. John motioned for Michael to come and sit down. “So what’s up?” Michael asked as he pulled out a chair and sat down. “ I found a group of demon’s,” John said. “And? Your point?” Michael asked. “They are in a local high school, so we’re going to go in undercover to find them.” Michael leaned forward slightly and rested his head on his chin, “ As what?”  “Well…” John started, “ By us I mean you and Joey and by undercover I mean…” he hesitated as if he was unsure we’d like this idea, “ you going back as students.”  Michael’s jaw dropped and she looked at John, “ We’re what?”  “You’re going back to school. Don’t worry its only temporary just until you find the demons and get rid of them.” Michael and I exchanged looks and I shrugged,  “ how bad could it be?”

Worse question ever. How bad could it be very bad. I guess I better track though to later on that day when we went shopping to get some stuff since our other school like supplies were back in Morgantown. We both got a Black backpack, a few notebooks, some pencils, and a few pairs of normal clothes since John thought walking around in all black everyday might be a tad suspicious, plus all we had were the few clothes we had took with us to hunt the vampire. Then the next day we got up and got dressed, then went down to the school.  We walked up the building of Sandy River High School and entered the school. The schools hallway was decorated in the  school colors with were blue and yellow. We walked down to the principal’s office and walked in to the small room that had a few chairs and a counter in front of the desk. “ Can I help you? The secretary asked. “ Um ya,” John said, “ these are my two brothers and I need to enroll them in school. We recently moved.” She walked over and smiled, “ Where are your parents?”  John frowned and sadly stated “ Dead.” The secretary frowned and said, “ Oh I’m sorry. Are you there guardian.” “ Yes mam.” She handed us two enrollment forms and we sat there and filled them out then took them back to her. “ Okay so give me a minute and I’ll have your schedules. John walked out to the hallway and we followed.” Okay guys,” he whispered, “ you two have to act like brothers got it? Here I got you guys cell phones in case you need me and don’t get in trouble, k?”  Michael and I nodded and walked back in to the office. “ Here you boys go.” I looked at them and seen that I had Algebra2, Chemistry, and Gym  with Michael and I had Photoshop while Michael had Drivers Ed. “ Okay boys you had second lunch and if you need anything you know where to find me.” I smiled and Michael said, “ alright lets go Joey.” “ You call your brother Joey?” The secretary asked. “ Ya it kind of an inside joke. Isn’t that right, Sam?”  “ Ya.” I told her.  We walked out and I said, “ really Michael really?” He smirk, “ I’m sorry my names Nick not Michael.” I huffed and  started waking to class which me and Michael shared.

 We walked in and showed her out schedules. “ Alright let me get you two books and take a seat. Everybody this is Sam and Nick Dawson” She handed us two pretty beat up Chemistry books and started teaching again. “ Okay so let’s talk about Ions…” I sat in class zoning out and thinking about the last ime I was at school. It’d been only a month or two and yet it felt so foreign to be sitting here in the school. I jumped when the teacher called on me and the sudden movement sent a pain through my shoulder and chest. “ Um. What was the question?” I asked. “ I said what causes an Ion to form?”  I looked at the teacher and said, “ions form because neutral atoms become charged by the losing or gaining an electron.” She looked a little taken aback at the fact I knew the answer. I sat there staring at her and she turned around and started writing on the white board.

The bell finally rung and we walked out. I looked for Michael but didn’t see him, so I continued on to the gym. I walked in and put my backpack on the bleachers next to everyone else’s and seen Michael standing among a group and girl. Figures, I thought.  I found the teacher, Mr. Parker and   gave him my schedule, and he told me to go stand in line. I stood there as he took roll and then we went in to the locker room.  The locker room had baskets full of clothes in a side room and a bathroom and in the main room there were slabs of concrete on tile which were elevated off the ground that the students sat on. I sat down and Michael plopped down beside me, “ hey.” “ Finally pry yourself away from your fan club?” I asked sarcastically. He smirked and said, “ your just jealous. So how’s your shoulder?” “ I’m fine. It’s just sore.”  We walked back out after the others finished dressing and because it was our first day and we didn’t have clothes Michael and I sat out. I followed Michael to the top of the bleachers and sat down. Another boy came and sat down beside us and said “ Hey, I’m Josh.” “ Sam.” I said. Michael looked at him and said , “ Nick.” It felt weird lying about our names since my whole life I’d gone by Joey, but never the less it was easy to remember to lie about it. Josh and Michael spent the rest of the class talking about the which girls were hotter and how weird the quiet girls were.

I looked around and seen that some rather larger girls walking along the floor on the other side of the gym. I noticed the girls behind them talking at looking at them and occasionally they would snicker. One of the girls seemed to notice but the other seemed completely oblivious to them. I stood up and Michael said, “ where you going Sam?” I ignored him and walked over to the two girls. “Hey.” I said the taller one smiled and said, “ hi.” The other girl looked at me suspiciously and kept walking. I walked beside them and talked to the taller girl -  Natalie- about all kinda of things from music to television. I noticed the other girl had fallen slightly behind us so I fell back as well and said, “ What’s up?” She looked at me with hints of distrust in her eyes and said, “ What do you want?” Normally I would think she was crazy and leave her alone but I felt this was a challenge so I said,   “ seriously chill I just wanna talk.” “ Okay fine talk.” She snapped. “ I smiled slightly enjoying this argument, “ So what’s up?” “Walking.” She told me. “You don’t say. So what’s your name?” “ Nichole.” “ Cool I guess. I’m Jo– Sam.” “Joe Sam?” She asked. “Sam. Just Sam.”  “ Whatever you say Joe Sam.” I scowled and said, “  So why are you walking?” “ I  hate gym.”

“ Oh me too.” I said trying to sound friendly. I had a feeling this girl didn’t trust me because she thought I was trying to making fun of her.  I was about to say something when I heard the girls behind me snicker again. I said to Nichole, “I’ll be back.” Then I fell back farther to walk beside the group of other girls and said, “ Do you guys have a problem?”  One of the girls who had curly brown hair a little surprised but said, “ Why are you walking with them?” I’m usually not that sensitive about people’s opinions of others but the way this girl put that infuriated me. “ What do you mean?”  “ Well there not exactly your type. I  can read people, and someone as handsome as you shouldn’t be hanging out with someone as socially out casted as them.” I smirked at her and said, “ is that so sweetheart? Well let me tell you something your reading people skills suck. I’ll walk with whomever I please, because I’m not a shallow witch like you I see past peoples outside and choose looks at the way they act not the way they look.” Then I picked up the pace and caught up with the two girls, but I wasn’t really paying attention to them because before my parents died those girls are exactly the type of people I would’ve normally hung out with. I couldn’t help but realizing how shallow I was and all the hurtful things I’d said to people. How I has treated outcasts before I had become an outcast myself

The bell finally rung and Michael walked up to me. “ Um… Who?... What?... Why?”  I ignored him and walk to the cafeteria. I seen the girls from earlier sitting at a table with this other girl who had long brown curl hair that was pulled up and I walked oer to them. The taller girl from the gym was telling the new girl about the ‘new guy’ and the other girl was attentively listening to every word she said. Nichole sat there and looked incredibly irritated by the other two girls babbling. I heard her tell Natalie, “ Seriously I don’t see why you’re going on about him?”  I walked up and sat my stuff down and said , “Well obviously because I’m so incredibly awesome.” Natalie seemed happy to see me but Nichole not so much. She groaned and looked back down at her phone.  Natalie suddenly turned excitedly to Nichole and said, “ I seen Supernatural last night!” “ Really? It was awesome right?” “ Ya! Especially when Dean tried to kill Sam. I freaked.” I jumped in, “ Impossible. Dean would never kill Sam, that’s his baby brother.” “ You watch Supernatural?” Nichole asked. “ Yes. Sometimes.” I used to be a fan of the show until recently when I left to find the Shtriga. “ What’s? Sam and Deans parents name?” “ John and Mary Winchester.”  “ What college did Sam attend?” “ Stanford.” “ What was the monster in the first episode?” “ A woman in white. And the girls name was Constance.”  “ What did Dean say John wanted him to do?” “ he wanted them the pick up where he left off, saving people, hunting things the family business.”   She smiled and nodded. The other two girls were looking at us like we were crazy and then Natalie said, “ Geez your both obsessed with that show.”

The next week or so went by like that. I went to school with Michael and once we got there we went out separate ways; him with his friends and I with mine. I spent Gym and Lunch with Natalie, Nichole and Cierra( The other girl at the lunch table) and things were over all pretty uneventful. Then one day after the final bell rang  was walking with Natalie and Nichole out of the school and when I said goodbye and they walked towards the busses I seen a face I thought I’d never see again. Leaning against a tree was Eric. Last time I saw him he was possessed by a demon outside of John’s house. I stopped and stared at him and realized he was staring at me too. He started walking over to me and I turned around and walked away fast looking for Michael. I weaved my way through crowds of people and then came upon Michael Making out with some random girl. I ran up to him pulled him  back, “ Nick we–” “ What’s your problem Sam!” Michael angrily yelled. I was about to explain but I couldn’t with the crowd of people  who had gathered around up.  “ Nick we need to leave. Now.” I stated. “ I’m a little busy.” He informed me. “Nick really we need to go and – ” “  You just jealous cause I gotta girl and you don’t”  “ What?” I asked. Where did that come from? I thought. “ You think just cause you stole that one girl from me means you can steal any girl from me. “ Are you still on that?” I yelled, “ Get over it! This is kinda important you self-centered idiot!”  Michaels narrowed his eyes and said, “ You’ve been a pain in my ass ever since you showed up!”  That’s when it started. Michael leapt forward and punched me. I reacted instinctively and grabbed my check where his fist had met my face, but weeks of training with him kicked in and I dodged aside. Michael stood infront of me and kind of had a half smile in his face. I took a step forward and lunged at him. His eyes widened in surprise and we landed with a thud. I sat on his chest and punched him a couple of times before he grabbed my wrists and flipped us over so our position was reversed. He punched my side a few times and then his eyes lit up and he raised his fists above his head. That’s when I realized what he was doing He brought down his hands on my chest where I still had scratches from the vampire. I screamed and shoved Michael with all my strength off of me and rolled away from him onto my stomach. My chest burned in a fiery pain where the remains of the scratches were. I gasped and looked up to see Michael standing over me. He smiled wickedly and lifted his foot about to finish the fight. Fear went through me and the need to get away was strong, but I just laid there. “ Alright that’s enough!” Michaels face changed and the anger went out of them. The principal ran up to the crowd and grabbed Michaels  arm. Behind the principal was a very angry John whose arms were crossed across his chest and his eyes were full of fury. The principal pulled me on to my feet and drug us over to John and said, “ Get them off of my school yard.!” She shoved us toward John and walked away. John turned and got in the car slamming the door. I got in the back and Michael the front. John drove the entire way back to the hotel in silence and parked the car. He got out of the car and walked to the room with us following suit. When we walked in and shut the door John turned to us and said, “ What the Hell is wrong with you?” Neither of said anything. “ Joey I think your scratches are bleeding go get cleaned up.” I looked down and see a dark stain on my shirt and felt the stinging of the scratches. I grabbed some clothes and went to get cleaned up.

~Michaels P.O.V.~

“Sit!” John commanded and I sat on the bed. “ Michael, what were you thinking! You could’ve killed him!” I looked away guiltily and said, “ I know.”  “ If you know then why did you do it?!”  “ I don’t know what came over me. I was just so mad.” John sat down across from me and said, “ Michael I know you and Joey don’t always get along, and a school yard fight is one thing I can handle, but killing him is another and not something I can just brush off.”  “ I know.” I said softly, I was ashamed of what I had almost did. Sure i didn’t get along with Joey but I never wanted to kill him, did I?  “ Would you have done it? Would you have killed him?” I sat there and thought about it for a moment, could I have killed Joey today? Surely  not. I’m no murderer I was just mad. “ No I don’t think so” I admitted. John sighed and said, “ maybe its best you two don’t go to school anymore.”  I looked at him and asked, “ what about the demons.” “ We’ll figure out another way to get them.” Joey walked out of the bathroom without saying a work and laid down on the bed across from me where John was sitting. We had been taking turn alternating between the beds and the pull out spare mattress the staff had brought up for us. “  How bad are your scratches Joey?” John asked while still looking at me. “ I’ll live,” He said quietly. John stood up and went in to the bathroom. Joey and I were left in an awkward silence  until I heard Joey softly snore. I looked at the clock (4:36pm) I looked over at Joey and thought about this after noon. I stood up suddenly and walked out of the room and in into the woods beside the hotel. I walk for a few minutes and then sat down behind a tree. I felt tears slide down my checks and thought about the look on Joey’s face when I was about to bring my foot down on his head. I remembered the fear in his eyes and the fight went out of his face. He just laid there waiting for me to do it. I closed my eyes and tried to tell myself that I wouldn’t have done it, but a small voice said you would’ve done it. I pushed it away and wiped my face off, and stood up. I wanted to go back but just being around them made me feel guilty so I wandered around the woods for a while.


~Joey’s P.O.V.~

I woke up to the sound of the door closing. I sat up and looked around and seen that Michael had left. I put my shoes on and walked out of the door and seen Michael heading into the woods. I followed him for a few minutes before he sat down and I heard him crying. I stayed hidden for a while he walked around, then I decided to approach him. “ Michael?” He turned around and  said, “ what?” “ Are you okay?”  He turned back around, “I’m fine.”   He sat down and I sat down beside him and said, “ Would you have….” I trailed of not wanting to really say it. He looked at me and I could see his eyes were red and puffy, “ I… I don’t know.”  “Oh, Hmm.” I said. “ I’m sorry Joey. I don’t know what came over me. I couldn’t control myself.” I awkwardly patted his shoulder and stood up. Then I remembered, “ Michael! I seen a demon today at the school!” he looked at me, “ What? Where?” “ When we were leaving the school. That’s why I came to find you. It was one of the ones that was with Amy. It was Eric.”   “ Did he see you?” He asked. “ Ya I was kinda running away from him and he followed me.”  “ Maybe he was the reason I couldn’t control myself.” “Can demons control someone without being in them?” “ I don’t know, but they can radiant anger and affect the people around them,” he said, his face lit up and he said, “ that means I wouldn’t have done it otherwise!”  I was sorta happy to hear Michael wouldn’t have killed me, sorta. I was also a little surprised.  “ I looked around and realized it was dark and I said, “ maybe we should head back before John gets worried.” Michael stood up and started walking back to the hotel with me following. We got back and John was sitting there waiting for us. “John I wouldn’t have done it,” Michael exclaimed happily. John gave us a puzzled look and I explained to him about the demon. “ It makes sense that he was able to control your emotions I guess.” John commented. “Well I guess there’s nothing we can do about it tonight so we better get some rest.” John laid down on his spare bed and I laid down in the bed I was sleeping on for tonight, Michael went to take a shower. The last thing I heard was the shower turn on and then I fell asleep.

 

~Unknown’s P.O.V.~

I watched the fight from a far. I knew Michael would’ve killed Joey had someone not intervened. I also knew He would not be happy about this. I waited quietly at the table for him to arrive. The door opened to the giant room and a man walked in. He was tall muscular and he had thick chocolate brown hair. “ Well,” he questioned, “ What happened?” “ The demon affected him, he almost killed Joey.” The man walked closer to the table and leaned against it. He sighed and said, “ it was bound to happen eventually. It’s in their blood.” I sighed, “ I suppose your right. Maybe its time?” “ Soon. My friend, soon.” With that the man turned and left. I too left the room and went back to watch over them.  I promised to protect them, but how do I protect them from each other?


~Authors Note~
 Okay so I'm not really sure about how well this chapter is. I know some of it was a little scatter  brained. I just really wanted to get this up today I hope who ever reads this likes it. The Next one should be up next Sunday hopefully (^.^) Once again I'm sorry if this chapter is alittle scatter brained but  I think its okay for now.
                 Thanks,
                          ~ Jayfeather1997

No comments:

Post a Comment